All recreational vehicle owners are fully aware of how useful the best RV wash and wax is when it comes to maintaining the showroom shine of their vehicles.
The best product under this category is specifically designed to be used safely for wood, rubber, poly finish, metal, and fiberglass. The good thing about choosing a high-quality RV wash and wax is that it aids in keeping your RV clean and making it shine without the risk of streaks and water spots. However, with the many choices available for this product, it is necessary for you to be fully guided.
Best RV Wash and Wax
Here are short reviews of the most popular wash and wax products for recreational vehicles and a buying guide at the end to make the selection process more smooth-sailing for you.
1. Meguiar’s M5032 Marine or RV One-step Cleaner Wax
- ONE EASY STEP: Non-abrasive marine cleaner quickly cleans, polishes and protects all fiberglass gel coat marine or RV...
- REMOVE LIGHT DEFECTS: Safely and effectively removes light oxidation, haze, minor scratches and swirls
- RESTORE COLOR AND GLOSS: Non-abrasive cleaners and polishing oils easily restores color, brilliance and gloss to...
Meguiar’s M5032 Marine or RV One-step Cleaner Wax makes use of a non-abrasive formula. I can say that this formula is beneficial as it quickly cleans, protects, and polishes all RV and marine surfaces with fiberglass gel coat in just a single, easy step.
I also like the effectiveness of this RV wash and wax in safely removing light oxidation, swirls, minor scratches, and haze. In addition, it also works as an effective cleaner capable of offering a high level of protection against corrosion, UV rays, and salt air for a long time.
It also works in restoring the gloss, brilliance, and color to surfaces coated with fiberglass gel. The wax also works well in adding a protective coat and smooth shine into your recreational vehicle, allowing it to look new. It is also beneficial in the sense that it only requires the least amount of effort to either remove or apply.
Even with the least amount of effort for application, it is still possible for it to produce nice results. It offers a high level of protection, especially during the summer season. In addition, it does not stay nor streak on either plastics or trim as it tends to come right off, promoting a clean and smooth surface.
One problem that you might encounter in this wax is that it has an unpleasant chemical smell.
- Utilizes a nonabrasive formula, which is effective in quickly cleaning, protecting, and polishing all RV and marine surfaces that have fiberglass gel coating
- Performs its function in one easy step
- Safely removes light oxidation, swirls, minor scratches, and haze
- Offers protection from corrosion, UV rays, and salt air
- Guarantees a protective coat and smooth shine into any RV
- Produces an unpleasant chemical smell
Meguiar’s M5032 Marine or RV One-step Cleaner Wax is a good option for anyone searching for a fully functional RV wash and wax as it is guaranteed to restore the original glory of your vehicle, making it look as good as new.
2. Aero Cosmetics Waterless Car Wash and Wax Aircraft Quality Wash Wax – Best of the Best
- SIMPLY THE BEST WATERLESS CAR WASH. Gently Cleans and Protects while leaving a Non-Stick UV Protective Coating on All...
- Highly performance Aircraft Quality Wax for your Car, Boat, and RV. ONCE YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE YOU WILL NEVER USE...
- Water Based - Alcohol & Ammonia Free. Our plant-based Eco-friendly formula is biodegradable and Safe on ALL surfaces...
One of the products I also want to recommend for those searching for the best wash and wax for their recreational vehicles is the Aero Cosmetics Waterless Car Wash and Wax Aircraft Quality Wash Wax. It works not only for recreational vehicles but also for boats.
It provides a high-performance wax with aircraft quality designed for the mentioned vehicles. There is also proof that this product is high in quality as many have already used it for more than thirty years, including the air force one, private and corporate aircraft owners, airlines, and the military.
It is also water-based, making it as safe as ever. It is free of ammonia and alcohol. In addition, you can expect it to be safe on all kinds of surfaces – both the interiors and exteriors. Another thing I like about this product is that it is easy to wipe off. It is different from traditional waxes as it does not leave any residue.
There is also a hundred percent assurance that it is safe in all parts of the car, like aluminum, paint, chrome, plastic, clear coat, rubber, and glass. It is also versatile in the sense that it works well on both dry or wet surfaces. You can also use it as a waterless wash.
It has a non-stick coating, too, which means that it can stay clean for a long time while also being easy to clean up.
One possible downside of this RV wash and wax is its tendency to cause streaks in case you have a black or dark vehicle.
- Works for both recreational vehicles and boats
- High-performance wax guaranteed to promote an aircraft quality, too
- Proven effective by several users for more than thirty years
- Water-based – Expect it to be safe and free of ammonia and alcohol
- Easy to wipe off
- Versatile because it works perfectly for both dry and wet surfaces
- Tends to streak when used on black or dark vehicle
Overall, this 128-oz. RV wash and wax is known for its ability to give you as much protection as you want for your vehicle.
3. Meguiars M6732 Marine/RV One-step Compound
- CLEAN AND GLOSS: Formula is specifically designed to both clean fiberglass and gel coat surfaces and leave behind a...
- RESTORE SURFACES: Removes heavy oxidation, scratches, stains and tough water spots on all fiberglass gel coat marine and...
- AMAZING SHINE: Produces amazing shine and luster while restoring neglected surfaces
Meguiars M6732 Marine/RV One-step Compound is known for making use of an aggressive, advanced, and safe compound designed to clean while also restoring the gloss to a surface coated with gel. What I like about this product is that it performs its intended function in just a single step.
It works in getting rid of moderate to heavy oxidation, stains, scratches, as well as hard-to-remove water spots. It is also capable of restoring the color of the vehicle while also leaving a rich gloss on any treated surface. Expect it to produce your desired positive results whether you use it by hand or with the help of a machine.
One more thing I find impressive about this recreational vehicle wax is that it works in restoring even those surfaces that are constantly neglected. Expect such areas to receive an impressive luster and shine afterward. It also brings back the color of your vehicle, leaving a rich gloss.
There is also an assurance that applying and buffing it is a breeze. Despite its easy and often one-step application, it is still possible for it to produce impressive results. In fact, your RV will most likely bring back the way it looked when it was still new after you apply it.
One more benefit I want to share is that it has an odor, which is not too overpowering, so I can say that it is easy to tolerate.
However, note that for heavy oxidation, two passes may be necessary.
- Aggressive, advanced, and safe compound for cleaning and restoring the gloss in a surface coated with gel
- Gets rid of moderate to heavy oxidation, as well as other elements, like stains, scratches, and water spots
- Restores the color in your vehicle
- Restores the excellent condition of even those surfaces that are constantly neglected
- Easy and quick to apply and buff
- Smell is not too overpowering
- Two passes might be required for heavy oxidation
Overall, Meguiars M6732 Marine/RV One-step Compound is a nice option for all RV owners as it efficiently performs what it intends to do.
4. Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax – Editor’s Choice
- Cleans and waxes in one step
- Contains caranuba wax for great protection
This highly concentrated 128-oz. wash and wax designed for RV is constructed from bar soap. That said, I can safely say that it is not only biodegradable but is also free from phosphate. One thing I find favorable about this product is that it is 3-dimensional. It means that it works for cleaning, protecting, and giving shine to your RV’s exteriors.
It performs such functions without causing water spots or streaks. One more thing I find impressive about this RV was is that it is economical. Expect one quart to produce up to 16 gallons of RV cleaner.
Such a product is also a huge help if you are planning to do periodic applications, making it possible for you to maintain the excellent condition of your rig for a long time. You can use it for cleaning and waxing with just a single step. It also provides a maximum level of protection with the aid of its carnauba wax content.
Another thing I can say about this product is that it is highly versatile. I can prove its versatility with its ability to handle all kinds of surfaces – whether fiberglass, metal, or other materials. Expect it to produce a deep and clean shine while also having a pleasant smell.
Just make sure that you strictly follow the instructions in terms of application, particularly the amount to apply, as the incorrect application might produce too much mess.
- Highly concentrated wash and wax, which is perfect for RVs
- Performs its intended function without any water spots or streaks
- Economical, each quart of the product is capable of producing up to 16 gallons of the cleaner
- Ideal for periodic applications, ensuring that your rig stays in excellent condition for a long time
- Highly versatile – can handle all kinds of surfaces
- Produces a deep and clean shine
- May cause a lot of mess if application instructions are not followed
Gel Gloss RV Wash and Wax works in cleaning and waxing surfaces of your RV in just one step, so rest assured that it’s worth the investment.
5. Star Brite RV Wash and Wax w/PTEF (71500) One-step Concentrated Cleaner
- Cleans and enhances shine in one step; PTEF polymers enhance shine and add UV protection to help prevent fading;
- Concentrated formula is tough on dirt yet economical to use; a few capfuls cleans a full-size RV
- Specifically formulated to remove road grime, bug debris, dust, mud and more
Star Brite RV Wash and Wax One-step Concentrated Cleaner makes use of a special formula designed to clean and give a good shine to your RV in just one step. Such ensures that you can save a lot of time and money from it. Expect to be able to get rid of bug deposits, road grime, grease, mildew, mud, and dust from the exteriors of your RV.
It also adds a more protective and deeper shine and luster to your vehicle. With the PTEF polymers integrated into this RV wash and wax, rest assured that its ability to provide shine is enhanced. It can also clean the surface and provide an enhanced shine in just one step. There is additional ultraviolet protection designed to prevent fading.
The concentrated formula used in this product is also known for being tough on dirt, so expect to remove it completely. It is economical to use, too. Several capfuls of the product are already enough to get rid of all the dirt in a full-sized recreational vehicle. I can also say that it is safe to use on all exteriors.
It is non-toxic while also using a formula designed to get rid of bug debris, road grime, mud, and dust. Expect it to work in extending the life of your RV and improving its look. It works well on various materials, too, including glass, plastic, rubber, and paint.
One possible downside is that it takes a bit of time to get rid of stubborn road grime.
- Utilizes a special formula designed to be used with just one step in cleaning and giving your RV a good shine
- Completely removes plenty of elements from your RVs exteriors, including bug deposits, road grime, grease, mildew, mud, and dust
- Built-in PTEF polymers, thereby enhancing the shine it can provide
- Concentrated formula used is tough on dirt
- Guaranteed to be an economical product
- Non-toxic and safe
- Takes more time to remove stubborn road grime
Overall, it is still a product capable of producing amazing end results, allowing your recreational vehicle to create a sparkling clean surface.
6. TriNova Waterless Car Wash and Wax Kit – Best Bang for the Buck
- ✅ 40 WASHES - Just 1/2 ounce of concentrate makes a full bottle, more than enough to clean a standard sized car 40+...
- ✅ SCRATCH-FREE - Specially designed to encapsulate dirt, grime, and residue to wipe off without scratching paint
- ✅ PROTECTION - Provides a protective coat that repels water and blocks harmful UV rays
If you are after investing in the best RV wash and wax, then I highly suggest using the TriNova Waterless Car Wash and Wax Kit. Rest assured that with the help of this car wash and wax kit, you can remove all dirt and grime without the risk of putting some damage on the paint.
It offers maximum protection with its ability to offer a protective coat designed to repel water while also blocking harmful rays of the sun. It is a nice investment as it is designed to save a lot of water and time when you are using it. Another benefit of this RV wash and wax is that it is scratch-free.
It is specifically designed to capture grime, residue, and dirt – that’s possible without worrying about it scratching the paint of your vehicle. What’s even better about this product is that it just half an ounce of this concentrate is enough in making a full bottle. Such quantity is also enough to completely clean a standard-sized vehicle.
It is also very convenient to use. There is no need for you to use buckets and hoses. That’s possible without producing any mess. All it takes is for you to spray it on then wipe it off. It also provides real value for the money you spent since the product also comes with a plush and high-quality microfiber cloth, as well as a spray bottle you can reuse.
One possible downside I noticed is that the first application seems to take longer than what I initially expected when using a microfiber cloth. It also lacks more details in terms of application instructions.
- Removes all dirt and grime without damaging paint
- Maximum protection provided – thanks to its built-in protective coat
- Repels water and blocks UV rays
- Fully cleans a standard-sized vehicle
- Convenient to use – It is usable without the need for buckets and hoses and without causing mess
- Application takes longer than initial expectation
- Lacks detailed application
With the concentrated formula used in this RV wash and wax, I can safely say that it works for cleaning and protecting your recreational vehicle even with just a single application.
7. Meguiar’s M4965 Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration System – Editor’s Choice
- BRING YOUR BOAT BACK TO LIFE: Fiberglass restoration system helps to restore fiberglass and gel coats
- REMOVE BOAT STAINS: Oxidation Remover will remove oxidation stains and scratches from your boat
- MAKE YOUR BOAT SHINE: High Gloss Polish will make your boat shine brightly in and out of the water
One thing I like about the Meguiar’s M4965 Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration System is that it works using a specialized 3-step system created to bring back the original look of surfaces coated with fiberglass gel that has already been damaged or faded because of time.
It works fast when it comes to restoring the fiberglass gel coats. It also features an oxidation remover, which works in getting rid of scratches, stains, and oxidation. The polish feature of this product is also helpful in restoring the brilliant gloss of the vehicle up to its finish.
There is also a pure wax feature designed to provide a durable and long-lasting protection to the surface restored by this system. The process used by this system is also designed to recondition gel-coat boat paint while also offering protection from harsh elements of nature.
It leaves a good finish while also delivering a good and smooth shine. It holds up well to the elements. In addition, you can take it off easily.
As for the downsides, note that it takes several hours for it to work efficiently when there is heavy oxidation. It is also pricier when compared to the other RV wash and wax options in this list.
- Uses a specialized 3-step system, bringing back the original look of surfaces coated with fiberglass gel
- Works fast when restoring fiberglass gel coats
- Efficient as an oxidation remover – It eliminates scratches, stains, and oxidation
- Promotes a durable and long-lasting protection
- Leaves a good finish
- Takes a few hours to work when dealing with heavy oxidation
Meguiar’s M4965 Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration System is indeed one of the frontrunners in the industry because of its effectiveness in performing the functions it is supposed to do.
RV Wash and Wax Buyer’s Guide
Now that you have an idea about some of the best wash and wax for RV options that are available for you today, it is time to understand how to make the right decision during the selection process. Use this short buying guide to lessen the burden when narrowing down your options and figuring out the best product for your vehicle.
It would be best to spend time searching for the most versatile RV wash and wax today. It should serve a variety of purposes and work not only for recreational vehicles but for other modes of transportation, too, like boats, cars, and trucks.
You know that your money is well-spent if you purchase an RV wash and wax, which is versatile and serves multiple purposes.
Look for a wash and wax, which is really safe for recreational vehicles. It should be capable of providing a nice shine on your vehicle in a quick manner without causing any harm to the decals or graphics on the truck or trailer. It should give your vehicle a high level of protection from various elements, as well.
Another thing that you have to look for in an RV wash and wax is its ability to last long. Ensure that its effects will last for a couple of years. If possible, choose a highly concentrated product, which is not only biodegradable but also phosphate-free.
It should be able to clean, shine, and protect the exterior surface of your vehicle without the risk of water spots and streaks and ensure that such effect will last for a long time. That way, you can use it for periodic applications, making your rig maintain its look.
Ease of Use
Maintaining the shine and good look of your recreational vehicle does not have to be that hard if you choose a product, which is easy to use. The good news is that most, if not all of the products mentioned in this review, are capable of cleaning and applying wax on your RV in just one step.
The best RV wash can also be applied in just one step while ensuring that your vehicle will receive the ultimate protection.
Choosing the best RV wash and wax does not have to be that challenging. With the information presented in this article, I am pretty sure that you are now aware of which product can suit your needs the most.
Make sure that all the factors mentioned in the short buying guide are met prior to deciding on the best product for you. By doing that, you can get an RV wash and wax guaranteed to make your vehicle look as new and attractive as ever.
Last update on 2021-06-18 at 07:39 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API